Ohh merda, è 4 giugno

This day started with two scenes. The first one was me sleeping. I was facing away from the window. The moonlight was very bright. For the second part, it happened at the same time as the first scene but I wasn’t there. It focused on Reinhard, spiritually. At that time, he was already nearing his death, still in a vegetative state. His spirit self was still attached to his body by a silver cord but after a while, it was gone. He died. His spirit self looked very confused. He also appeared angry, saying things like, “But why now? I don’t want to die!”

A few hours later, my maid came to me while I was hanging my laundry(the only chore I volunteered to do myself) and told me the news of his death. I was in denial and told her that I did not believe her until I saw proof and then asked her to leave. However, in case he was actually dead, I did try to hurry up and get to work. What was important to me was to get to his pathologists ASAP because I still had yet to clean up the mess my dear stepbrother August made by poisoning Reinhard. It would show up in his(Reinhard’s) autopsy and I was worried that August would get into trouble. As angry as I was at him, it didn’t change the fact that I still cared for him.

I went into the morgue where Reinhard’s autopsy was being conducted. I talked to the pathologists for a while then left. What I said to the pathologists went somehung like this, “I am being tasked to inform you to do the autopsy. However, I shall give you some instructions. Proceed as normal and examine what you are supposed to examine, especially the cadaver’s mid-section. However, you are forbidden from examining his head. Do not examine his brain. This is an order. Also, do take note that his body will be open for viewing after this autopsy and his loved ones would not want to see marks on his face. It would be rather unpleasant for his loved ones. Let me edit the report first before showing anyone else. That’s all, remember what I just told you.” Yes, I saw Reinhard’s lifeless body but I didn’t go anywhere near him because I was still in denial about the fact that he was already dead. Everything happened way too fast that I needed time to digest.

I was with Friedrich and the two of us went inside the room where Reinhard’s open casket session was being held after his autopsy. I was standing beside Reinhard’s head while Friedrich was standing beside his stomach area. Our conversation went something like this:
Friedrich: Come on, this is the second time you’re seeing his remains. You still don’t believe us when we said that he’s dead? Me: I already believed it after the first time. F: Then why are you not saying anything?
Me: Because I’m still trying to digest everything. I mean, it just happened too fast for me. Please, just leave me alone now and let me take the time to react.
F: Before you go, why too fast?
M: Those 8 days were just too fast, or I’m just slow at reacting. Your pick. Anyways, I’ll just get myself some alone time. Meanwhile, you have either his remains, other people in this room or yourself to talk to, see you later.
F: Ok.

Somewhere during that conversation, I started to feel remorse for my actions. I wish that I wasn’t involve in this but unfortunately, I was. My actions would haunt me for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**