Bambini
Ok so I’m currently getting hooked to the show Supernanny and it made me reflect on my own behaviour as a child...as Reinhold. Basically, when I was very young, I would scream and throw tantrums if I didn’t get my way. My mother would then put me to sleep and I would wake up calm and refreshed. After my parents’ divorce, my father started to hurt me physically whenever I threw tantrums so my anger got more lowkey over the years but that made me resent him a lot. When he passed away, I honestly wasn’t sad at all and I just felt liberated. There’s also my older siblings who were always on each other’s throats. I didn’t involve myself in their fights, though. However, initially, my stepbrother and I came close to killing each other many times but we eventually teamed up against my dad and as teenagers(and then grownups), we were incredibly close to the point that I would do anything to save his ass.
As I grew up, while I could keep my temper in check, there would be times when someone would still get hurt.
Now, let’s fast forward to my children. The eldest two, Matthias and Mary Anne, just like my older siblings, fought a lot. There’s also my youngest, Anissa, who would talk back. I never tolerated such behaviour and I would punish them immediately. Of course, I took care to make sure that I didn’t hurt them physically. I went for the rewards and punishment system. The rewards would be material things(I bought Matthias an expensive car after he graduated) and the punishments would be pushups, situps and wallsits. I gotta say that they got quite disciplined and I rarely had to use punishments anymore. I’m really proud of them for they grew up to be successful adults.
As I grew up, while I could keep my temper in check, there would be times when someone would still get hurt.
Now, let’s fast forward to my children. The eldest two, Matthias and Mary Anne, just like my older siblings, fought a lot. There’s also my youngest, Anissa, who would talk back. I never tolerated such behaviour and I would punish them immediately. Of course, I took care to make sure that I didn’t hurt them physically. I went for the rewards and punishment system. The rewards would be material things(I bought Matthias an expensive car after he graduated) and the punishments would be pushups, situps and wallsits. I gotta say that they got quite disciplined and I rarely had to use punishments anymore. I’m really proud of them for they grew up to be successful adults.
Comments
Post a Comment