Travelling during childhood

I have two memories to share with you today. Let’s take a break from July 1944.

In the first memory, I was visiting my cousin, who lived in New York. His parents basically immigrated from Germany to the US just before WWI. They made up their mind to stay once the war started. Anyways, my cousin and I were near the Statue of Liberty taking pictures. I was smiling widely as he hugged me. We were having a lot of fun, laughing a lot. In this memory, I was 10 years old while he was about 16.

In the second memory, I was eating fried chicken fillet covered with lemon sauce and herbs. The side dish included fries. My family and I were eating out in a restaurant in Spain. The locals welcomed us to Spain and out of everyone in my family, only I could speak Spanish. I conversed with the locals as I ate. Meanwhile, the rest of my family just looked confused. I guess that learning foreign languages has its advantages. When you travel, I recommend you to take a polyglot with you, especially someone who speaks the official language of the country you’re visiting. Anyways, in this memory, I was about 12-13 years old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**