Health analysis
In this entry, I shall analyse my health. Generally, I appeared quite healthy and fit but I wasn’t fully healthy. I did face a bit of health-related challenges.
I was born with haemophilia A. This came from my mother, who was a carrier of the disease. My older brother had it too. While it wasn’t severe for either of us, we were still closer to death compared to a normal person. My older brother bled to death while I almost suffered the same fate during 1944 but thankfully, the medical staff had a sense of urgency.
My wife, Mel, was also a carrier like my mother. Thanks to the both of us, two of my children ended up inheriting this disease. One of them was my eldest child, Viktoria, who somehow ended up with it despite being a girl(and consequently dying from it) and the other was George, who’s still alive. One of my daughters, Mary Anne, was a carrier. The rest were unaffected. Yes, I hid this from almost everyone during the Third Reich era. Only a select number of people knew of this.
This one is somewhat embarrassing. I had sleep apnea too. I was a good example that obesity wasn’t always the cause of it because I was of average weight, really close to being underweight. I think that I got this from my father. This was one of the factors which contributed to my regular snoring, the others being occasional stress and extreme fatigue.
However, what’s more worrying will be the fact that I stop breathing at times. At one point, when my mother was waking me up, she freaked out because I wasn’t breathing. My sleep quality was so bad that it was easy for me to get tired. There were times when I would get as much sleep as possible but I would still be tired. It was that bad. Of course, I got myself treated for it. After treatments, I could breathe more easily(as I slept obviously) and my sleep quality got better but the snoring problem never really went away.
As for my mental disorders, my earliest one was split personality disorder, what the Germans would call ‘gespaltene Persönlichkeit’. It developed when I was a young child. I was generally a nice person but I did have a murderous side to me. I would change how I present myself depending on the situation and the person/people I’m talking to. For example, there was a side of me who objected to the Holocaust but another side just couldn’t care less. The latter side would always dominate my body.
Another one was probably depression but I only had it on certain occasions. The first one was when my parents divorced. It got worse when my father didn’t allow me to see my mother. However, I eventually healed from it when I was allowed to see here again. That was after my father’s death. No, it wasn’t so bad to the point that I contemplated suicide.
There were also the deaths of my loved ones ranging from my older brother to my daughter. My daughter’s death hit me so hard that I almost killed myself. This caused my colleague to confiscate my weapons and other things which could kill me. The last part was the worst of all because it caused me to commit suicide. That was when I was finally caught by the Russians after spying on them for decades. At that point, I felt that life had no more meaning. This event cost me both my dignity and my life(though this one was my fault).
I was born with haemophilia A. This came from my mother, who was a carrier of the disease. My older brother had it too. While it wasn’t severe for either of us, we were still closer to death compared to a normal person. My older brother bled to death while I almost suffered the same fate during 1944 but thankfully, the medical staff had a sense of urgency.
My wife, Mel, was also a carrier like my mother. Thanks to the both of us, two of my children ended up inheriting this disease. One of them was my eldest child, Viktoria, who somehow ended up with it despite being a girl(and consequently dying from it) and the other was George, who’s still alive. One of my daughters, Mary Anne, was a carrier. The rest were unaffected. Yes, I hid this from almost everyone during the Third Reich era. Only a select number of people knew of this.
This one is somewhat embarrassing. I had sleep apnea too. I was a good example that obesity wasn’t always the cause of it because I was of average weight, really close to being underweight. I think that I got this from my father. This was one of the factors which contributed to my regular snoring, the others being occasional stress and extreme fatigue.
However, what’s more worrying will be the fact that I stop breathing at times. At one point, when my mother was waking me up, she freaked out because I wasn’t breathing. My sleep quality was so bad that it was easy for me to get tired. There were times when I would get as much sleep as possible but I would still be tired. It was that bad. Of course, I got myself treated for it. After treatments, I could breathe more easily(as I slept obviously) and my sleep quality got better but the snoring problem never really went away.
As for my mental disorders, my earliest one was split personality disorder, what the Germans would call ‘gespaltene Persönlichkeit’. It developed when I was a young child. I was generally a nice person but I did have a murderous side to me. I would change how I present myself depending on the situation and the person/people I’m talking to. For example, there was a side of me who objected to the Holocaust but another side just couldn’t care less. The latter side would always dominate my body.
Another one was probably depression but I only had it on certain occasions. The first one was when my parents divorced. It got worse when my father didn’t allow me to see my mother. However, I eventually healed from it when I was allowed to see here again. That was after my father’s death. No, it wasn’t so bad to the point that I contemplated suicide.
There were also the deaths of my loved ones ranging from my older brother to my daughter. My daughter’s death hit me so hard that I almost killed myself. This caused my colleague to confiscate my weapons and other things which could kill me. The last part was the worst of all because it caused me to commit suicide. That was when I was finally caught by the Russians after spying on them for decades. At that point, I felt that life had no more meaning. This event cost me both my dignity and my life(though this one was my fault).
Comments
Post a Comment