Sinning

Yes, I made a mistake in the order of events and I’m sorry about that. This memory took place in Prague in late 1941. I changed my work location because of events around me. Without further ado, let’s get started.

Mel and I were in our bedroom and we shared a bed. I was asleep while she was awake, watching me. She gently stroke my hair as I slept and she was smiling as she did that. For some reason, I’ve always slept on the right side of the bed. This happened during winter but Mel and I still wore thin clothing despite that. We were quite strong against the cold. For me, I was primarily German and Scandinavian so it was natural. I would also usually spend my weekends and holidays in Norway during my childhood so I got used to the cold and ended up loving it. As for Mel, she lived in the Austrian Alps with her parents before moving to Germany. Anyways, the both of us took a time off from work just to be with each other. All we wanted was some alone time.

As I slept, I dreamt of being with my colleague(I can’t identify him, unfortunately). The both of us were wearing trench coats and he asked me this question, “Why did you do this?” I was confused about why he would ask me this but now I realise that this exact question would foreshadow mistakes I would commit from a few months onwards all the way to the rest of my life. By 1941, I already hurt many people and even though I was relieved from my Einsatzgruppen duties to focus on espionage, I would still go on to hurt a few more. In case you’re confused about what I’m trying to say, I’m mainly talking about these memories(http://thepastofbellona.blogspot.com/2018/06/giugno-3.html 🌮http://thepastofbellona.blogspot.com/2018/05/giugno-1.html). However, I’m pretty sure that it’s more than just that because I had the capabilities to be quite dangerous. Of course, I became more ‘tame’ after WWII.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**