July 1944 recovery

Let me continue speaking of my July 1944 hospitalisation. This time, it’s about my recovery after emerging from a coma. However, I only have three memories of them.

Once life support was taken off me, I was begging for pizza. I wanted it so bad but the people around me were worried that my body couldn’t handle it so I eventually gave up and went to sleep. Waking up from a coma can be tiring.

This was from third person perspective. Once I was sleeping, alone in the room, Mel came back and guess what she bought, it’s...PIZZA!! It was just a slice. Making sure that it wasn’t likely for people to come in, she roused me and I woke up confused. She then went on to surprise me and I was about to squeal but she asked me to keep quiet and eat silently. Most importantly, I should enjoy it my food...and I did.

Just a few minutes after I finished eating, Helene and the two doctors who were in charge of me entered the room. Helene got a little pissed because she could smell the pizza and I wasn’t supposed to eat pizza. Mel replied, “It’s just one slice.” One of the doctors was like, “Well no big deal but don’t feed him more of such foods. They can slow down his recovery.” Mel then turned to me to pout.

For the next memory, I was sitting on my hospital bed in the morning. Mel was sitting on my left with her back facing me. I clung onto her and attempted to walk. She had a nice blonde hair. It was so shiny and overall, it just looked so perfect. She was wearing something fancy, which was perfectly normal considering her wealth. She was wearing a white gown with white feathers, spiced up by silver jewellery. She was even wearing a tiara. On the contrary, as wealthy as I was, I was wearing a drab tunic but hey, I was being hospitalised so you wouldn’t expect me to wear something so fancy because looking good wasn’t my priority at that time. My priority was my recovery.

Just a day before getting discharged, I was simply just taking a nap. It was bright outside but the natural light was being covered by the curtains. My half-brother and his friends were surrounding me, playing as silently as possible while still having fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**