How I ‘discovered’ some Third Reich people

By the way, I’m speaking of some those who appeared in my memories. I’m doing this in alphabetical order.

Adolf Hitler
I was in Grade 2 when I first heard of him. We were speaking of Anne Frank and then talked about some figures from Nazi Germany, including the Führer himself. We talked about how he seemed to have lived a somewhat long life and I thought that he looked like ‘a decent person’. Also, out of all of the people we’re speaking of today, his name is the easiest to pronounce.

Hermann Göring
Ok so he was also one of the people whom my class discussed when we were speaking of some Nazi figures. I used to mispronounce his name as ‘Goh-reeng’ but hey, I didn’t speak German at that time. Don’t blame me. Also, he seemed pretty ‘decent’ too.

Heinrich Himmler
I came across him a little later than most of the others we’re talking about but I already knew of him since elementary school and I remember saying that he looked ‘Asian’ at one point but I was just a kid so don’t take me too seriously when it comes to this.

Joseph Goebbels
He was one of those figureheads my class discussed in Grade 2, either that or I started searching more after that discussion and came across him and well I thought that he was the type of person who would give candies to children. Really hilarious. Also, I mispronounced his name too until I started learning German.

Reinhard Heydrich
So basically I first came across him on Wikipedia when I was searching up a list of Obergruppenführers. I clicked on his name and I remember that I had to search his name up on YouTube because I couldn’t pronounce it at that time. Also, he reminded me of my classmate from Elementary School for some reason.

So yeah that’s all, folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**