HJ Memories

-New Recruit-
I was 12 years old in this memory, wearing an HJ uniform. I was with Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler. The two of us were in a garden and discussing our lives. After a while, we started discussing my future, what I would be in a few years. He wanted me to join the SS. Meanwhile, at that time, I was still quite unsure of what I wanted to be because I was thinking of becoming either a lawyer or a doctor. I’ve probably considered becoming an actor too.

Height-wise, I was incredibly short. Himmler was about 174cm but he still had to bend down a little to talk to me. I was that short. The funny thing is that I would eventually outgrow Himmler a lot to the point that I would be about just 10cm shorter than Reinhard Heydrich like wow my growth spurt was quite late but extreme. How funny. Speaking of Heydrich, Himmler and I were talking about him as well and he(Himmler) pretty much slipped him(Heydrich) in our conversation. He happened to be a new recruit of the SS during that time and Himmler told me that I had some of his traits because he wouldn’t just talk about his subordinates to me without them having something relevant to me. I think that one of the traits was about being ‘cold-hearted’(which I desperately tried to hide from everyone and act like a normal, innocent child yet I failed at doing it since some people could sense it), if I remember correctly...

-Gate Protection-
This was two years after the memory above. In the evening, my peers from the HJ and I were protecting a gate of a majestic. An event was happening and people were holding blowtorches. They weren’t protesting, though. Honestly, I’m not sure what the event was all about. I also looked quite calm while doing it despite the energy levels being high.

-Hangout-
This was after an HJ meeting. My friends and I decided to stop by at one of my friends house. Everyone around me just wanted to chill but on the contrary, I wanted to do ‘homework’, which were responsibilities assigned to me and I had a deadline for completing it. My friends asked me to chill with them but I wanted to get the job done. I could not just relax without getting it done. I was incredibly restless. I was about 14-15 at that time.

-Hitler Speech-
This was when I was 16. Adolf Hitler was making a speech and I was part of the audience. This took place slightly after the ‘Night of the Long Knives’. I was sitting somewhere on the left side. I felt uncomfortable when it was time to ‘heil’ but I knew that I had to do it or I would be punished. I was afraid of getting into trouble. By the way, the video of that speech is just below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**