1 Giugno

1 Giugno 1942 era il giorno quando mi sono coinvolto nell’omicidio del mio capo. It is what really killed him. He actually would’ve survived the assassination attempt if there was no murder plot but there actually was. I was surprised when I found out about it at first but well...it happened. It actually started the day before but at that time, I wasn’t involved yet. I actually wouldn’t have been involved if my beloved stepbrother August didn’t sign me up for this but he wanted me to be involved. Do I blame him? I don’t. He didn’t want to screw whatever he was ordered to do up, which was to apprently ‘eliminate Heydrich’. As much as he didn’t want to do it, he had to if he wanted to survive. I want to point out that he(as in August) was of partial Jewish descent so there was a possibility of him ending up in a concentration camp if he screwed up so he decided to involve me so that things would be more successful because of a few reasons like my medical knowledge and the fact that I had the freedom to enter and leave Reinhard’s hospital room without much questions from the guards(probably because I made friends with some of them like Rudolf for example).

Anyways, here is my memory from that day. When I first entered the ward, I first greeted Reinhard and then I turned to one of his doctors. I wasn’t licensed but I knew a decent amount on the medical field so the two of us were talking about the condition of Reinhard, who happened to be watching the two of us talk that we had to go somewhere far away to continue the conversation. I told the doctor to increase the morphine dosage, overdo it if necessary. I knew that the bliss would not last long, especially with the foreign objects in his body. If he was to die, I would rather that he didn’t die in pain. However, I was not in the position to decide since we weren’t family, even if the doctor considered my suggestion(s). His morphine dosage actually increased after the medical advice, apparently.

Now, I shall fill the gap for those confused about how I got involved in the first place. August told me that same morning that ‘Reinhard may not survive’ so I had to ‘prepare’ for it by giving medical advice because August was ‘concerned’. He didn’t want Reinhard to die a slow and painful death so he needed my help to make it less painful so I thought about increasing the morphine dosage. I was a little hesitant for a while but what August was trying to say did make sense so I decided to do August that favour but he pretty much owed me.

After I gave the medical advice, August introduced me to our colleagues, the others who were involved in Reinhard’s murder and spoke of it and explained everything to me. I was really confused about why they would involve me since I was directly his subordinate but if I found out while not being involved, I would’ve screwed things up for them. Some didn’t want me to be involved but the majority did so yeah that’s how it all started. It made sense to me. After knowing all this and getting involved, there was no turning back because it was an order.

The only thing I could do was to buy Reinhard a bit more time to be able to be with his loved ones because I still cared. I was higher-ranking than some of those involved(including August) so I had a bit of authority over this. By making sure that none of them did anything ‘funny’(no I don’t mean ‘hilarious’, it’s the other meaning) like using violence or poison. All I did was to increase his morphine dosage until something happened a few days later but I’ll speak of it the day after tomorrow so arrivederci...for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**