Italia 1943

The last entry was pretty heavy so now, I shall post something a little lighter.

In this memory, I was in the southern part of Italy. It took place in late 1943 and the Italians were protesting against Mussolini and wanted him out of power. At that point, I knew that Italy was not Germany’s ally anymore. I was like, “If they’re gonna be like that, so be it.”

From a third person point of view, I actually appeared like an average Italian and I was actually smiling even if my thoughts weren’t so happy. Also, I was pretty tanned. That was my look during 1943 but before and after that year, I was pale. You can say that my skin colour changed pretty easily. Probably from my Mediterranean blood. I mean, my dad was partly Italian.

If you ever hang out with the me from 1943, you would think that I’m Italian like yeah I partly was but I was a German by citizenship, still. I just looked, sounded and acted Italian, that’s all. I spent almost the whole of 1943 in Italy so it’s not surprising that I would pick up stuff from the locals. When it was around 1943 or even after that, their cuisine became my favourite. It’s that way even today. I’ll be more than happy to eat Italian food every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**