3 Giugno parte 2

Ciao, le mie amici. Welcome to part 2. So basically my memory started from morning in my office. I was with my adjutant and we were just working. I was very chill despite what happened the day before. My anger from the day before was gone after I had a good sleep until my adjutant asked me this, “So...are you going to visit Reinhard today?”

I got a little pissed off at his question and answered, “Oh nein. Also, don’t talk about him with me anymore after this conversation.” The rest of our conversation was:
Adjutant: Why? I thought that you guys are friends.
Me: WERE friends. Use the past tense, love(calling people ‘love’ was a habit of mine).
A: What happened?
M: Well let’s just say that he’s ungrateful. Any more questions?
A: Uhh so you don’t care about him anymore?
M: Nein. If he dies, then that’s none of my business...unless August screws up.
A: Oh right. Ok no more questions.
M: Good, I hope that this won’t be a topic again.

After that, I did normal stuff like eating lunch and then working and taking power naps. I have a memory of one. I fell asleep on a couch and woke up with a woman and man walking past me. Those two seemed like they knew me and told me that Reinhard was in a coma. I was sceptical about it at first, to be honest, but in the end, I decided to visit to see if it was legit. I said before that it wasn’t my business but screw that, I wanted to know what August did.

Before I visited, I told my adjutant what I was going to do and left him in charge of my work. He actually laughed and said, “Oh so you actually care. Hahahahaha~” Well I just rolled my eyes at him and left. I trusted him to just leave him like that.

My memory then timeskipped to when I was in the hospital room. I was frowning a bit there for two reasons:
1. I was still pissed at Reinhard. I mean, let’s be honest here, I wouldn’t have visited if he wasn’t in a coma.
2. It smelled suspiciously like cyanide. I was faint but the bitter almond scent was there. I didn’t make a big deal of it, though.

After me saying ‘make sure he never recovers’, I left after a while of staring at everyone at different times. August was also in the room so he followed me. He looked a bit agitated and questioned me about what I said but I didn’t answer him. I simply told him that he did a good job.

My opinion changed once he revealed to me that he actually poisoned his breakfast with cyanide. To me, poisoning someone was ‘lazy’. To make things worse cyanide would also show up in autopsies, even on the skin of the cadaver. That’s what really made me angry. I was really disappointed that my suspicions were right.

I yelled at August for this and ordered him to not be involved in this anymore and that I was taking care of things again from now on. He wouldn’t be involved in this at all. Not even a wee tiny bit. No. After this, I never trusted him to murder someone again. I took it upon me to clean up his mess.

My blood was seriously boiling a lot that day. I’m not sure what was worse, June 2 or June 3. Either way, I would need a lot of time to calm down from this, which I did eventually.

Timeskip again, I was lying on my bed thinking of how to clean up August’s mess. Eventually, I decided that it was best for me to show up to the autopsy pretending to be ordered to come and give instructions to the pathologists, telling them to make it look like Reinhard died from septicemia. It was only a matter of time since it’s cyanide we’re talking about.

I fell asleep pretty late that day because I spent most of the night thinking about plans for the next day. I was angry at August, yes, but he’s il mio fratello. I didn’t want him to get into trouble with someone else, besides me, for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**