Тихая грусть: тело(Tikhaya grust’: telo)

This memory stemmed from a particular song which I’ll put below at the end of this entry. I was 17 years old and I just finished my Abitur so yay vacation. To be more exact, we went to Palafolls, Barcelona.

One of my friends and I were running around a church. Something distinct about the church was that it looked ancient but still kinda plain and had a black church bell. The exterior was brown and it wasn’t that crowded. Also, it was very hot.

My friend and I decided to race against each other. We didn’t run around out of fear that we would get lost so we ran at the same place repeatedly. After a while, I got very tired but at the same time, I wanted to catch up to my friend, who was a lot fitter than me. I overtook him at one point but he overtook me at the next lap and was way ahead of me when I collapsed. I couldn’t take it anymore. My friend ran towards me and tried to get me to stand but I didn’t have energy left. I lost my consciousness and the next thing I knew, I was in a hospital.

Apparently, I didn’t regain consciousness until 2 days later and I almost died at one point but I managed to survive through it all. It took me a while before I was healthy again.

This song was written after 1991, post-Soviet era so no, this isn’t a Soviet song. It’s all about East Slavic sisterhood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**