In sickness part 2
Ok, we’re back. So I was admitted to the hospital about a day or so before the appendectomy and I was incredibly hungry. I have been fasting for a while. I wanted to eat so bad that I was crying on the inside but I persevered because I wanted to be healthy. My pains have been distracting me so I hoped I could get this over with and if I lived, I could continue studying. I already missed some lessons. No wait, I didn’t really mind studying while getting my surgery. I could handle the pain like a man!
I gave the medical staff about to operate on me this suggestion and they laughed until they realised that I was serious so they told me that it would only take a few minutes, rushing the procedure a bit so that it would be that fast. I relented in the end and let them do what they wanted. After that, they put a mask on me once I was in the operating room and then asked me to count down from 10 to 1. I was like, “Zehn...neun...acht...(more numbers)...vier...d-d-“ before I passed out.
It then timeskipped once again to the part when I was back in my segment of the big hospital hall or something like that. The hall had curtains to separate it into segments for the sake of privacy. Hours passed when I thought that it would be minutes but I guess that there’s no ‘fast versions’ of appendectomies. The medical staff told me that just so that I wouldn’t refuse anaesthesia. I missed quite a lot when I was unconscious and even worse was that I was also in a bit of pain with some fever after I woke up so I did request for painkillers.
Good news, I actually passed that particular test with flying colours. I mean, I missed a lot of lectures but Mel made sure that I didn’t miss the content and that I would do well so she taught me whatever I missed. Best. Girlfriend. Ever.
That’s all about this topic, fellas. Well maybe for now. I don’t know.
I gave the medical staff about to operate on me this suggestion and they laughed until they realised that I was serious so they told me that it would only take a few minutes, rushing the procedure a bit so that it would be that fast. I relented in the end and let them do what they wanted. After that, they put a mask on me once I was in the operating room and then asked me to count down from 10 to 1. I was like, “Zehn...neun...acht...(more numbers)...vier...d-d-“ before I passed out.
It then timeskipped once again to the part when I was back in my segment of the big hospital hall or something like that. The hall had curtains to separate it into segments for the sake of privacy. Hours passed when I thought that it would be minutes but I guess that there’s no ‘fast versions’ of appendectomies. The medical staff told me that just so that I wouldn’t refuse anaesthesia. I missed quite a lot when I was unconscious and even worse was that I was also in a bit of pain with some fever after I woke up so I did request for painkillers.
Good news, I actually passed that particular test with flying colours. I mean, I missed a lot of lectures but Mel made sure that I didn’t miss the content and that I would do well so she taught me whatever I missed. Best. Girlfriend. Ever.
That’s all about this topic, fellas. Well maybe for now. I don’t know.
Comments
Post a Comment