July 1944 comatose memories days 2 and 9

I have memories of the other days but I’d rather keep the details private. I hope you understand.

Day 2
Hans(my lifelong best friend) was with me and taking care of me when Jesper(best friend from childhood), who came all the way from th UK(via Switzerland), entered. You see, he emigrated there just before the Nazis gained enough power to be able to control the lives of citizens. He renounced his German citizenship along the way his family was against the Nazis. Back to the memory, he tried to hug me but Hans got angry and pushed him away, telling him that he did not deserve to be here, after leaving us behind. He exclaimed, “Why are you here now when Rei might potentially die? You only visit when one of us suffer? Piss off, you’re not supposed to be here!” I could hear what was going on around me and I wanted to tell Hans to calm down but I couldn’t. Alas, I could make an intelligible sound to get their attention and to passively approve of Jesper hugging me. Hans let him do it eventually in order to respect my wishes but still bore a grudge against Jesper.

I saw this memory through third person, by the way.

Day 9
That day, three people were talking around me, Mel, Helene and a close friend of theirs(I think Mel’s specifically). Mel was holding my hand when I regained consciousness once and for all. She was chatting happily when I squeezed her hand, staring at the three of them. Mel was flabbergasted but got really ecstatic when she looked at me. The other two were about as happy as she was. Helene alerted the medical staff and I was free from the life support(it took a while). I felt like I just rose from the dead, being born again. I had to be examined first before I was truly free, though. It’s not like I was allowed eat junk food yet. The first thing I said after awakening was, “Can I eat pizza now?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**