Career memories

In the first memory, as a Gestapo officer, I was involved in an interrogation. The one being interrogated was probably someone from the resistance. I was sitting beside him and my two colleagues sat opposite us. I kept on telling him this, “Everything will be okay, just confess.” I forgot what he did, though. Of course, I was lying to him. I just wanted him to tell us everything without having to do ‘enhanced interrogations’, the type of interrogation which involved torture. I hated having to do it because it was tiring. The other two seemed a bit more willing to torture, though.

In the second memory, my colleague and I were having a conversation in French, which took place in my office. We were in SS uniforms. What we were talking about were somewhat personal. I was leading the conversation. From the memory, I only remember "J'ai mangé les crêpes avec du sirop d’érable (I ate pancakes with maple syrup)" and "Je suis hereux parce que les gens sont naïfs et(I am happy because the people are naïve)". The sentences were what I said exactly. I speak French in this life, by the way. Also, I somehow found people naïve for believing propaganda and I was thankful for their naïveté for I-don’t-know-why. I was quite mean but I guess that it was my Nazi side talking. I also loved pancakes a lot and had them as breakfast almost every day.

In the third memory, I was supposed to have a meeting with my colleagues but I fell asleep from exhaustion on a couch. My colleagues looked for me and they found me asleep. They surrounded me and stared at me, waiting for me to wake up because I was supposed to be in the meeting. Then, Mel asked my colleagues to continue the meeting without me and leave me alone. They stared at me for too long.

The last memory for this post is quite short. I was in my office reading a newspaper and I caught the name ‘Marietta’, or something like that. My legs were resting on my desk. The room was dimly lit. There was supposed to be natural light coming in but I got curtains installed and closed them, barely leaving an opening, albeit a small one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**