München 1942
I came back home from a train ride holding Viktoria, wearing my SS uniform. By ‘home’, I’m speaking of my mother’s place in Munich. I had my own bedroom there and it wasn’t just a guest room like it was really mine. I needed a lot of help moving my objects from where I was working in(it was a city in Austria) to Munich like I was going to be here for a long time. It seemed like I moved my workplace or something. Wow, 1942 was really busy. I came from Germany, to Czechoslovakia, to Austria and then back to Germany again.
When I entered the living room, I greeted both my mother and her friend with a kiss on the cheek for each of them, still holding Viktoria. I carried her to our room after that, with helpers moving our things. The rest of the things were with Mel, who was going to Munich in a few hours. It was about 8pm when I put Viktoria to sleep before sleeping myself. I didn’t really bother changing out because I was incredibly exhausted from all the travelling.
About an hour later, Viktoria cried loudly but I continued sleeping. I happened to be a deep sleeper. My mother initially didn’t make a big deal out of this thinking that I could handle it but when she(Viktoria) continued to cry for 5 minutes, mom entered my room to discover that I was still asleep even if Viktoria was already quite loud. She(mom) wasted no time and calmed Viktoria down. She left the room after that.
A few hours later, Viktoria cried again but guess what? I was still asleep. This time, Mel and mom were conversing outside. The two of them rushed into my room and Mel calmed her down. Mom commented, “Yeah Rei can’t do this alone.” Mel was initially confused about her comment until mom explained about what happened a few hours before. Those two laughed a bit.
Mom walked up to me to wake me up and tell me about what happened. I asked, “Is Tori ok?” Mel replied from a distance, “I’m taking care of her.” I decided to take a bath because I felt ‘stinky’. Mel got mildly pissed at me for that because I would’ve bathed hours before while she wasn’t in Munich.
After a while, I went to sleep again, dreaming about being in a large garden. Mom’s friend entered to check on Viktoria. They had a conversation. Mel was bathing. After about half an hour or so, Mel went to sleep. Mom and her friend were still in front of us having a conversation before leaving eventually.
After a while, Viktoria was crying again and I was thankfully sleeping lightly so I woke up quite easily. I checked on Mel and she was sleeping(or pretending to be asleep) so I carried Viktoria to the bathroom so that I could both calm her down and do my business at the same time. I know, pretty weird but to my defence, Viktoria was crying and I felt ‘urgent’ so it was good to kill two birds with one stone.
A day later, during the evening, Mel was holding Viktoria and they were having a bath while I sprayed water on them. Everyone was laughing and having fun.
When I entered the living room, I greeted both my mother and her friend with a kiss on the cheek for each of them, still holding Viktoria. I carried her to our room after that, with helpers moving our things. The rest of the things were with Mel, who was going to Munich in a few hours. It was about 8pm when I put Viktoria to sleep before sleeping myself. I didn’t really bother changing out because I was incredibly exhausted from all the travelling.
About an hour later, Viktoria cried loudly but I continued sleeping. I happened to be a deep sleeper. My mother initially didn’t make a big deal out of this thinking that I could handle it but when she(Viktoria) continued to cry for 5 minutes, mom entered my room to discover that I was still asleep even if Viktoria was already quite loud. She(mom) wasted no time and calmed Viktoria down. She left the room after that.
A few hours later, Viktoria cried again but guess what? I was still asleep. This time, Mel and mom were conversing outside. The two of them rushed into my room and Mel calmed her down. Mom commented, “Yeah Rei can’t do this alone.” Mel was initially confused about her comment until mom explained about what happened a few hours before. Those two laughed a bit.
Mom walked up to me to wake me up and tell me about what happened. I asked, “Is Tori ok?” Mel replied from a distance, “I’m taking care of her.” I decided to take a bath because I felt ‘stinky’. Mel got mildly pissed at me for that because I would’ve bathed hours before while she wasn’t in Munich.
After a while, I went to sleep again, dreaming about being in a large garden. Mom’s friend entered to check on Viktoria. They had a conversation. Mel was bathing. After about half an hour or so, Mel went to sleep. Mom and her friend were still in front of us having a conversation before leaving eventually.
After a while, Viktoria was crying again and I was thankfully sleeping lightly so I woke up quite easily. I checked on Mel and she was sleeping(or pretending to be asleep) so I carried Viktoria to the bathroom so that I could both calm her down and do my business at the same time. I know, pretty weird but to my defence, Viktoria was crying and I felt ‘urgent’ so it was good to kill two birds with one stone.
A day later, during the evening, Mel was holding Viktoria and they were having a bath while I sprayed water on them. Everyone was laughing and having fun.
Comments
Post a Comment