Canada
This is a postwar memory. Like what the title suggests, I was in Canada, bonding with my British relatives and North American (mostly American and Canadian) friends. My wife and children were with me as well. A 1 year old George was sitting on my lap. 6 year old Matthias was with his mother/my wife. 4 year old Mary Anne was hanging out with the other children. She was particularly close to my British cousin’s daughter.
As for the surroundings, we were indoors in a wooden cottage and I could see the fireplace. It was Winter. The Canadian flag was above the front door. Outside was really a lot of snow and we were somewhere in the woods. There was a moose nearby. I was wearing a yellow tweed jacket. While George was on my lap, fiddling with my hand (I was holding him), I was also talking to my friends. George was a daddy’s boy. He looked a lot like me and our personality was very similar too. He would get into a lot of trouble in school, which was me back then. He was also very fidgety and had a short attention span. Ok, I know that I went slightly off topic but it was a short memory so bear with me.
As for the surroundings, we were indoors in a wooden cottage and I could see the fireplace. It was Winter. The Canadian flag was above the front door. Outside was really a lot of snow and we were somewhere in the woods. There was a moose nearby. I was wearing a yellow tweed jacket. While George was on my lap, fiddling with my hand (I was holding him), I was also talking to my friends. George was a daddy’s boy. He looked a lot like me and our personality was very similar too. He would get into a lot of trouble in school, which was me back then. He was also very fidgety and had a short attention span. Ok, I know that I went slightly off topic but it was a short memory so bear with me.
Comments
Post a Comment