La Makhnovtchina

I was 2 at that time, getting a piggy back ride by a Ukrainian guy. Yes, I was in Ukraine. Well Kiev, to be more exact. I have no idea what I would be doing there but I was not with the rest of my family. The worst part was that my surroundings was pretty violent, with black flags everywhere. The crowd around me was cheering. The guy carrying me also mentioned Makhno at one point.

Honestly, I have no idea what a German like me would be doing there but I guess that I spent some time outside Germany during my younger years because of the poor economy back home. I went to many places, not just Ukraine. This should explain why I was fluent in many languages.

What strikes me is that I wasn’t afraid of the violence happening around me, even at the age of 2. In fact, it seemed like I was cheering for it.

        This particular flag was everywhere 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**