My family part 2

Here’s the second post of the week, it’s about Matthias. He was born in 1948 and when he was born, I was actually in another state for business purposes. I knew that Mel was about to give birth soon but I wasn’t aware that he would be born while I was working. She kept his birth from me and I only came back about a week after it.

When I came back home, I could see a group of women surrounding Mel in our bedroom. She was holding Matthias, though I wasn’t aware that it was him. The group decided to leave after they spotted me because they wanted to give the three of us privacy. Mel waved bye to her friends. Once they left, I started to panic and accused Mel of kidnaping. She was still holding baby Matthias, someone whom I thought was the son of one of her friends.

She was really shocked at my accusation and told me that the baby she was holding was our son. We started to argue after that. I was incredibly pissed off that she didn’t tell me that he was born. I could’ve been there for her. What made things worse for me that he was already about a week old and I missed all of that. I angrily left the room. If I had known that she gave birth, I would have rushed home. I’ve been looking forward to meeting him and I felt like my dreams were crushed when I didn’t meet him as a newborn.

Once I left the room, I decided to take a nap on the couch. The memory then timeskipped to a few hours later and I was a little calmer. I realised that Mel kept it all from me because she wanted me to focus on my work. She did this with me in mind. I was grateful for that. I walked back into our room, happy that she was still there(well she was still a little weak), and apologised for my outburst. Thankfully, she wasn’t angry at me. I mean, she understood the reasons for my behaviour earlier and well...that was when my memory ended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**