Oktoberfest

My family and I were in a small New York apartment Mel and I rented. An American friend(of German descent) of mine invited us to go to his Oktoberfest party. It was the 50s and he wanted to change the Americans’ views of the Germans. He wanted to prove that being German is not always about being a Nazi, basically. I missed celebrating Oktoberfest(it’s been almost 10 years) so I accepted his offer without telling him that I was actually German-born. He wasn’t allowed to know but I appreciated his efforts because I was a little homesick for Germany but I knew that I couldn’t go back.

In my bedroom, I was asleep, facing my left. Everyone was ready, wearing their respective dirndls or lederhosens, except for me. On my bed, George, who was a few months old, was basically making baby noises while wearing his fun-sized lederhosen. Mel woke me up and I was really irritated, making the ‘tsk’ noise. I was incredibly embarrassed because I was the only one who wasn’t ready. Mel told me to calm down because it was still early.

Timeskip and my family was at the park, where the party was being held at. Everyone was invited. I let Matthias and Mary Anne taste the beer. Of course, I didn’t allow them to drink too much for obvious reasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**