Ottoman Gentleman

So it has been a while since my memories haven’t been vivid for years. They’re simply starting to rise again but this time, it’s the Ottoman Empire. However, since they’re newly resurfacing, they won’t be too long or detailed. 

Castle

I went there either to manage affairs or to simply meet up with my female relatives. When meeting with my female loved ones, I was beside the stairs and when I was managing affairs, I was on my personal spot. 


There was this one time where one of my women tried to give me suggestions on how to run the state but I looked away, as a way to show that I wasn’t interested in letting her dictate my decisions. 


Streets

I went shopping incognito, sometimes alone and sometimes with some of my peers. Outside, I told them clearly to dress plainly so that we won’t get caught. I wanted a slight taste of common life. If something looked foreign then there’s a high chance I would want to have it. I wanted to reward myself so that I can motivate myself further. 


For a different location, in Constantinople, I can safely say that it was an interesting place when I newly arrived. I was looking out a window and making some plans on shaping it to how I envisioned it while one of my women was beside me. However, the changes weren’t too major. I just wanted to close the gap between the rich and poor for the most part. It’s fresh since the original style of architecture was still there. See picture below. I circled the common style in light blue. 




Forest

I may have about four memories there. In one of them, there was a lot of fire and I was retreating. It wouldn’t be surprising if this was a kidnap attempt because I looked like I was being escorted out to save me. I ended up retreating and told everyone to observe how the enemies reacted to plan a good counterattack. 


In the other one, it also showed that I had no qualms sleeping on the grass no matter what my status was. There was no fancy tent or anything in some expeditions and I was fine with it since we were on the move anyway. 


As for the third memory, I saw a lot of sticks and impaled men. However, I externally kept a straight face to keep others calm so that we could figure out how to catch the one responsible. 


There was a dead body on the sandy part, belonging to a Janissary. His eyes were open and there were flies on it already. I was confused as to why he wasn’t buried, no matter what he did to warrant an execution. I told the one beside me to bury him in an unmarked grave because it was inconsiderate to show others a literal rotting corpse. 


Childhood

I was often chastised as a child so I occasionally tried to rebel by running away, but I ended up getting caught. This kind of upbringing made me think before I act rather than acting straight away. There were a few times I managed to slip out successfully. 


General Notes

1. I kept seeing these two headwear depending on the location. Just a disclaimer that I mean this in the general sense rather than the detailed sense, focusing the shape. 




2. In all of my pl memories regardless of which era or nation, I usually saw things from my perspective before the ‘camera’ switched to third person. It’s usually for me to know how I looked like and generally I looked something like this. I was occasionally flushed. I tend to have rbf to avoid getting in trouble. I used to be a more expressive child but it led to bad outcomes. 




3. I have another Ottoman life as a lady so stay tuned. She was born about 200 years after this gentleman. I commonly heard presence announcements(düstur) in both lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a glass

Some more memories

I hate sand **updated**